What should I do if MT4 cannot connect?
If your MT4 platform has no connection, please check through the following list of troubleshooting tips to try and eliminate common problems:
- No internet: Please check your wifi is connected or network cable is plugged in.
- Your proxy server or local network connection may be blocked. If this is the case, you will need to ask your System Administrator for the proxy server address and the port used to connect the internet. once you have this information, enter it into MetaTrader:
- Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Options" > "Server". Check "Enable proxy server" and click "Proxy..."
- Enter the proxy server address and port, followed by your MetaTrader login and password.
- Your computer has a firewall program or antivirus software blocking the port. This may need to be disabled in order to continue.
- You have an outdated version of the MT4 platform. To see what version you are using, go to the “Help” menu and select “About”. Updated versions of MT4 can be downloaded from the AxiTrader Client Portal and the AxiTrader website. Our Client Experience team can also send you direct download links via email or Live Chat.
What does the "Invalid Account" notification mean?
What does the "Trade is disabled" notification mean?
What does the "Old Version" notification mean?